Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] diff-merges: more features

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:29:21 +0300

Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:

> We covered this series in Review Club, thanks for coming Sergey! For
> those who are interested, the notes are here:

Thank you all guys for the review and for valuable discussion!

[...]

> During the discussion, it also appeared that this "modification of '-m'
> semantics" refers to a patch that changed the default but got reverted
> due to breaking legacy scripts. It would be extremely useful to include
> a link to that previous patch and the discussion around its revert,
> especially given the discussion about whether users actually need
> '-diff-merges=hide' ([1] and elsewhere).

The last time '-m' issue appeared on the list, it all started here:

https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAMMLpeR-W35Qq6a343ifrxJ=[email-masked]/

In particular, the final patch and its revert is deeper down this tread:

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/#t

and

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Where do you prefer these references to be put, in the cover letter, in
the commit message, or in both places?

-- Sergey Organov