Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/8] post-v2.33 "drop support for ancient curl" follow-up

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:47:55 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This is a follow-up to the already-integrated topic for dropping
>> support for older curl versions submitted before the v2.33 release[1].
>
> To which commit are these expected to apply?  I am having trouble
> wiggling 5 and 7 in.

I based this on top of the current master (8463beaeb69) and these apply
cleanly to me on top of that:
    
    vm git (master $>) 0 $ git reset --hard @{u}
    HEAD is now at 8463beaeb69 The fourth batch
    vm git (master $=) 0 $ git am 000*patch
    Applying: INSTALL: don't mention the "curl" executable at all
    Applying: INSTALL: mention that we need libcurl 7.19.4 or newer to build
    Applying: Makefile: drop support for curl < 7.9.8 (again)
    Applying: http: drop support for curl < 7.18.0 (again)
    Applying: http: correct version check for CURL_HTTP_VERSION_2
    Applying: http: correct curl version check for CURLOPT_PINNEDPUBLICKEY
    Applying: http: centralize the accounting of libcurl dependencies
    Applying: http: don't hardcode the value of CURL_SOCKOPT_OK

So, weird, I can't imagine why they wouldn't apply...