Subject: Re: [PATCH] bisect: fix replay of CRLF logs

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 12:54:43 +0200

brian m. carlson writes:
> Cygwin allows configurable behavior for line endings, but I don't know

That's restricted to handling files in text mode based on a mount
option.

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.api.cr-lf

> whether any configuration it allows handles CR in the shell.  I'm sure
> Cygwin will do the right thing with LF only lines regardless, so it's
> probably safe to just assume LF-only behavior in the shell.

A handful of tools had patches to recognize and deal with CRLF in input,
but most of these patches have been dropped a long time ago.  The better
assumption is that Cygwin behaves like Linux, so CR only input/output on
text.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada