Subject: Re: Translation inclusion criteria

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:08:58 +0100

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Em 29-03-2011 15:59, Junio C Hamano escreveu:
>> Drew Northup<[email-masked]>  writes:
>>
>>> On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 09:57 -0300, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
>>>> Hi, I've followed the instructions in git-gui/po/README in 2008 but
>>>> pt.po was never included in master. Now I've just updated it.
>>>>
>>>> Is there anything else I should do for it being merged to master? What
>>>> is the criteria for including new translations?
>>> ...
>>> Rodrigo,
>>> Internationalization of Git is very much an ongoing process. I suspect
>>> that has something to do with the uptake of your contribution. Ævar may
>>> have more information.
>> All the git-gui changes come through Pat Thoyts these days; Ævar has
>> nothing to with git-gui i18n/l10n (except perhaps as a translator to his
>> own language, but I don't see his name in the shortlog).
>>
>> Perhaps the submission was sent with wrong Cc:; I don't pay attention to
>> git-gui and gitk l10n patches myself.
>
>Sorry, I think I'm missing something. From the mentioned README, it
>seems we're supposed to push our changes to the mob branch of
>[email-masked]:/srv/git/git-gui/git-gui-i18n.git/, which has write
>access enabled for everyone.
>
>That's what I've done. I couldn't find any mention in the README about
>having to send some mail after that.
>
>I'll wait for instructions from Pat Thoyts to understand better what
>should be my next step...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rodrigo.

It's best to just send a patch to me and this list based against one
of the current branches (master/maint/pu). The i18n fork was done for
the original work adding i18n to git-gui and hasn't been kept up to date
since 2008.

-- 
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD