Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.5.3-rc4

From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:11:33 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> GIT v1.5.3 Release Notes (draft)
> ========================
>
> Updates since v1.5.2
> --------------------
>
> * The commit walkers other than http are officially deprecated,
>   but still supported for now.

This will not make sense to a lot of people.  I've been around here
since git was invented, and I think I can guess what it means, but I'm
not completely sure.  A "commit walker" is something that probably
only a few core git developers know what it is.

Please remember to give a second of thought to who will be reading
this.  It is very hard to determine from this short message who will
be affected, and in what way.

-- 
David Kågedal