Subject: Re: [PATCH] l10n: de.po: translate 27 new messages

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:59:46 +0100

Ralf Thielow <[email-masked]> writes:

> 2014-02-08 20:22 GMT+01:00 David Kastrup <[email-masked]>:
>> "verberge keine aufgepfropften Commits" seems much more in the spirit of
>> the original terminology.  "verbirgt keine Commits mit künstlichen
>> Vorgängern" is plainly wrong anyway since it is not the commits _with_
>> grafts which are hidden but rather the commits _provided_ by grafts.
>>
>
> Maybe "verbirgt keine Commits auf Basis künstlicher Vorgänger"?

No.  If at all "Verbirgt keine künstlichen Vorgänger" or "keine
künstlichen Vorgängercommits" since the "künstlicher Vorgänger" _is_ the
commit that is hidden: the graft, if we are being totally meticulous, is
the list of artificial parents for a given commit.  The option, when
activated, hides those artificial parents.

And "Do not" is not "Does not", so "Verbirgt" seems also wrong as it
likely should be "Verberge" (imperative).  But then it would depend on
the overall style in which this imperative is usually translated.

-- 
David Kastrup