Subject: Re: GnuPG commit signature verification ignores GPG's status-fd and status-file options

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:22:54 +0200

Not Sure <[email-masked]> writes:

> Starting with the newest git version 1.8.2.1, the signature checking
[...]
> Missing from output is the machine parsable GPG information:
>
> [GNUPG:] SIG_ID sorvifhoerui/asidunb 2013-04-09 23947273
> [GNUPG:] GOODSIG 433811111111111324 User <usermail>
> [GNUPG:] VALIDSIG ddddddddddddddddddfsjidjfv 2013-04-09 aoidfjidh0 0 4 0
> 1 2 00 oshidvoo444444ddddddddd
> [GNUPG:] TRUST_ULTIMATE

I suspect that's because since b60b756 (gpg-interface: check good
signature in a reliable way, 2013-02-14), Git parses the above output.

Also, in e290c4b (pretty printing: extend %G? to include 'N' and 'U',
2013-03-31) which is currently in master, this was fixed:

> Note: The git-log format specifiers %GG, %G?, %GK, ... do not provide
> enough information

Is anything else missing?

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch