Subject: Re: [StGit PATCH] It doesn't make sense to sink below an unapplied patch

From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:20:36 +0200

Karl Hasselström <[email-masked]> writes:

> Another idea that's been kicked around is to have a general reorder
> command, that spawns an editor and lets you move around (and delete)
> patch names until you're satisfied. (This too would be implemented in
> terms of push and pop of single patches.)

This of course sounds very much like "git rebase -i", but the
semantics would maybe not be identical.

One feature from rebase I'd like to see if this was implemented is the
"squash" option to join two patches.  But it would probably be called
"fold" to keep with stgit terminology.

Another way of doing this editing is to do it interactively,
interacting with the patches directly using a UI, such as an Emacs
editing mode, or a custom text or graphical UI. As you might guess,
I've been thinking a little of an Emacs interface, but nothing has
been written yet.

-- 
David Kågedal