Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/8] post-v2.33 "drop support for ancient curl" follow-up

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:42:45 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Version 1 of this had a really bad bug where we'd effectively make all
>> supported curl versions act like 7.19.4, i.e. the oldest supported
>> version except for a couple of our supported features. This is because
>> most of the things checked with the "ifdef" checks are enum fields,
>> not macros. So basically the "devil's advocate" Jeff King pointed out
>> in [2] was already the case. Oops!
>
> Wow.  Thanks for bothering to actually test ;-)

FWIW I'd tested that this worked for CURL_SOCKOPT_OK for v1, but there I
happened to pick one that *is* a macro.

Then I also tested GIT_CURL_HAVE_CURLOPT_PINNEDPUBLICKEY, which isn't,
but the way I wrote the code would have thrown a warning/error about the
unused variable, except in v1 I managed to scew that up in the last
patch, so we unconditionally used the relevant variable either way...