Subject: Re: [PATCH] apply: don't use core.sharedRepository to create working tree files

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 19:32:24 +0100

Adam Dinwoodie writes:
> To my surprise, the test fails if the worktree is under "/cygdrive",

/cygdrive is normally mounted with "posix=0", which only affects case
sensitivity, so that isn't the reason for this particular fail.  You
should anyway not build a Cygwin package with that option in effect,
instead create your own mount point for that directory (with
"binary,user" options).

> +++ diff -u f1_mode.expected f1_mode.actual
> --- f1_mode.expected    2020-12-19 16:50:20.169378700 +0000
> +++ f1_mode.actual      2020-12-19 16:50:20.249126000 +0000
> @@ -1 +1 @@
> --rw-------
> +-rw-rw-r--

You seemingly can't change the ACL and/or several mode bits and see the
effective access that your euid / egid has instead.  It is possible to
set up the (default) ACL in a way that removes the permission to change
them while otherwise still giving you what is effectively full access,
in which case the test fail is the result of an inability to remove the
default ACL from the directory.  I suspect your build directory is owned
by a different user than the one you're building with and/or has been
moved or re-used from another Windows installation that has different
SID.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds