Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/21] t4205: add test for trailer in log with nonstandard separator

From: Anders Waldenborg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 23:12:14 +0100

Christian Couder writes:

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 10:27 PM Anders Waldenborg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false

Please disregard this line. It is an unfortunate and most embarrassing
artifact of messed up git send-email and stmp forwarding over ssh. Which
hopefully have been sorted so it doesn't happen next time. It obviously
shouldn't be part of the commit massage in any of the patches in the
series.

>> Signed-off-by: Anders Waldenborg <[email-masked]>
>
> Why is this new test important?

The test that checks that 'git log --pretty=format:%(trailers)' shows
the output in the form "Closes: 1234" even if input was "Closes #1234"
is interesting both because it checks that this behavior is kept intact
in the patches later in the series which modifies handling of separator
and because it is a behavior that can be surprising and not well defined
in documentation and those tend to be the ones that are easiest to
accidentally break. Maybe the addition of the test should come later in
the series where the changes that potentially could break it happen.

It seems like you stopped reviewing my patch series at patch 06/21. That
is IMHO just before it starts to get interesting :)  Now I don't know if
rest of it was rubbish or uninteresting or just there was no time to
look at it.

I've updated according to the suggestions, but not sure if I should
repost the series with just such small adjustments.