Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] contrib: update thunderbird-patch-inline

From: Collin Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2025 22:50:58 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> What I still don't quite understand: who is this update for? The
> existing script is broken for years and nobody showed interest so far to
> fix it. So I don't think it makes sense to fix the script just to keep
> on dragging it with us.
>
> If the answer is "you" then I'd be fine with it. But if the answer is
> a hypothetical "someone" then I'd honestly prefer to just remove dead
> weight and not bother with this update.

Without a further explanation, I agree.

I feel like doing:

    $ git format-patch -1
    $ cat 0001-subject.patch | xclip

And then pasting in the external editor opened by Thunderbird and
removing some headers is pretty simple. I'm not sure a script is really
needed for that.

And who knows when ExternalEditorRevivedRevived will end up being
needed.

Collin