Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2021, #07; Wed, 30)

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 15:06:37 +0200

On Thu, Jul 01 2021, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> (now in plain text)
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 9:17 AM Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>  Futz with the way 'errno' is relied on in the refs API to carry the
>>>  failure modes up the callchain.
>>>
>>>  Will merge to 'next'?
>
> Is there anything I can do to address the '?' here?
>
> I am happy to do a review for a similar sized chunk of other code for
> someone else in exchange for review of this.

I took you up on that and gave that series a detailed look now[1].

I'm afraid what I had to say there doesn't bode well for getting it to
'next' (some style/questions etc. there, but also what I believe is a
serious bug in 8/8 was among the findings[2]).

I'd like you to take a look & review any of my outstanding "ab/*"
serieses (or combinatino thereof) of similar scope/complexity as yours
in return. I'l leave it to your interests & sense of fairness what to
pick which one(s) :)

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
2. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/