Subject: Re: GIT_ASKPASS absolute path detection bug on Windows

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 19:59:15 +0100

Torsten Bögershausen writes:
> C:/MyTool.BAT is a valid Windows file name even under Windows.

Not all Windows programs handle that correctly, though.

> Cygwin preferres /cygdrive/cMyTool.BAT

The /cygdrive prefix can be changed, however.  If you want to be
independent of such vagaries, use /proc/cygdrive instead (use cygpath -U
instead of cygpath -u).

> Git under Cygwin should handle C:/MyTool.BAT correctly, and to my
> understanding it does.

Yes, but there is always the possiblity of some shell script somewhere
missing that boat.  You are best off normalizing to POSIX conventions as
early as possible and keep it that way until you hand off to a Windows
program.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables