Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 10/15] bugreport: add config values from safelist

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 17:51:05 +0100

On Feb 07 2020, Eric Sunshine wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 10:09 AM SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> macOS 'sed', that's what I was missing :)
>>
>>   sed -n 's/^\(.*\) \+annotate:bugreport\[include\].* ::$/  "\1",/p' | sort
>>
>> and the 'sed' included in macOS apparently interprets that '\+'
>> differently than GNU 'sed', and as a result won't match anything.
>
> More generally, this would be a problem with any 'sed' of BSD lineage.
>
>> FWIW, that '\+' doesn't seem to be necessary, though, and after
>> removing it the resulting generated array looked good to me [...]
>
> A reasonable replacement for "<SP>\+" would be "<SP><SP>*" (where <SP>
> represents 'space').

Another problem with that regexp is that it contains two adjacent
repetitions matching the same character.  When there are two or more
spaces before "annotate:" all but the last of them can be matched by
either '\(.*\)' or ' \+'.  To fix that '\(.*\)' needs to be modified to
not match a trailing space.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."