Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/9] checkout.[ch]: move struct declaration into *.h

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 11:56:59 +0200

On Fri, Jun 01 2018, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> We seem to have plenty of structs defined in '.c' files, if they are
>> only needed there.  Its use also seems to be single purpose for the
>> callback data, so I'm a bit puzzled how having this in a header file
>> instead of the .c file would be helpful?
>>
>> I feel like having only the "public" part in the header file also
>> helps developers that are just looking for documentation of the
>> functions they are looking at, by having less things to go through,
>> that they wouldn't necessarily care about.
>
> Yup, sounds like a sensible criterion to choose between <*.h> and
> <*.c>.

Yes this makes sense. Thanks both. I misunderstood the idiom. Makes
sense in hindsight (& with both of your advices) only to put structs in
the *.h if it's actually used outside of that API. Will move this around
in v5.