Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 2/3] Makefile: add Perl runtime prefix support

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:12:02 +0100

On Mon, Mar 19 2018, Dan Jacques jotted:

> +gitexecdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(gitexecdir))
>  mandir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(mandir))
>  infodir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(infodir))
> +localedir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(localedir))
>  htmldir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(htmldir))
> +perllibdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(perllibdir))

I stole a small part of this for my a4d79b99a0 ("Makefile: add a
gitexecdir_relative variable", 2018-03-13) patch now sitting in next, if
you do this:

    diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
    index 101a98a783..033a55505e 100644
    --- a/Makefile
    +++ b/Makefile
    @@ -501,9 +501,9 @@ lib = lib
     # DESTDIR =
     pathsep = :

    -gitexecdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(gitexecdir))
     mandir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(mandir))
     infodir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(infodir))
    +gitexecdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(gitexecdir))
     localedir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(localedir))
     htmldir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(htmldir))
     perllibdir_relative = $(patsubst $(prefix)/%,%,$(perllibdir))

The merge conflict becomes a tad easier to deal with, also makes sense
to have gitexecdir after infodir since that's the order we're listing
these in just a few lines earlier, and this is otherwise (mostly)
consistent.