Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Alexandre Julliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:03:01 +0100

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * js/shallow (Fri Nov 24 16:00:13 2006 +0100)
>> 
>>  Probably with a better documentation of its limitations and caveats, 
>>  this should be mergeable to 'master'.
>
> The more I see the missing reaction, the less sure I am this is a sensible 
> thing to do.

I'm not sure what reaction you expect, but this is something a lot of
our occasional Wine users are requesting. The Wine full history is
80Mb, and that's a big download if you just want to try a quick
patch. Now of course you won't see these users around here hacking on
shallow clone, most likely they just went and downloaded Wine from the
CVS mirror instead. But it's a shame to have to maintain a CVS mirror
just for that purpose...

-- 
Alexandre Julliard