Subject: Re: Errors cloning large repo

From: Anton Tropashko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:21:25 -0800 (PST)

> I should try it out with some made-up auto-generated directory setup, but 
> I'm not sure I have the energy to do it ;)

but your /usr should be large enough if /usr/local and /usr/local/src are not!!!
I don't think you need to generate anything.
Or you are saying that the problem is the number of files I have, not the
total size of the files? In any event there should be a plenty of files in /usr

> That said, it might also be a good idea (regardless of anything else) to 
> split things up, if only because it's quite possible that not everybody is 
> interested in having *everything*. Forcing people to work with a 8.5GB 
> repository when they might not care about it all could be a bad idea.

> "git reset --hard" will do it for you. As will "git checkout -f", for that 
> matter.

> "git revert" will just undo an old commit (as you apparently already found 
> out)

Yep. I found checkout -f works before I got the rest alternative.

I was pleased that git did not lock me out of committing a few
deletions for *.pdf, *.doc and makefiles after repack started.
repack -a -d just finished and I started clone again.
It's already deltifying at 6%.

Thank you.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Now that's room service!  Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097