Subject: Let's celebrate Git's 20th anniversary this coming Monday!

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 21:41:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

according to my research, the oldest Git commit, the one that started
Git's own collaborative development, was performed on April 7th, 2005.
This coming Monday, therefore, is the 20th anniversary of Git!

I thought it would be cool and fun to have a place where Git users and
contributors could celebrate this by sharing their most fun (or
interesting, or scary!) Git stories.

To that end, I created a channel on Git's Discord, called
`#20th-anniversary`: https://discord.gg/UcjvsNQR

Please feel warmly welcome to drop in and tell the rest of us about your
most hilarious encounter with Git!

(Kindly note that if you haven't joined Git's Discord yet, you will need
to self-identify as a user or contributor in the `#roles` channel before
you can post. This is more of an anti-spam measure than anything else, I
believe.)

Ciao,
Johannes