Subject: Re: [WIP v2 1/5] t7002: add tests for moving out-of-cone file/directory

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 10:48:05 -0400

On 5/27/2022 6:08 AM, Shaoxuan Yuan wrote:
> Add corresponding tests to test following situations:
> 
> * 'refuse to move out-of-cone directory without --sparse'
> * 'can move out-of-cone directory with --sparse'
> * 'refuse to move out-of-cone file without --sparse'
> * 'can move out-of-cone file with --sparse'
> * 'refuse to move sparse file to existing destination'
> * 'move sparse file to existing destination with --force and --sparse'

Style nit: bulleted lists like this don't add too much value
on top of reading the patch. You can use prose to describe how
you decided that these tests are the ones to write. Something
like:

  We do not have sufficient coverage of moving files outside
  of a sparse-checkout cone. Create new tests covering this
  behavior, keeping in mind that the user can include --sparse
  (or not), move a file or directory, and the destination can
  already exist in the index.

Thanks,
-Stolee