Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] submodule--helper.c: add only-active to foreach

From: Guillaume Galeazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:57:56 +0200

Le 17.05.2020 à 17:46, Junio C Hamano a écrit :
> 
> Does updating the cover letter needs a better support from our
> tools, I wonder...
> 

Hello, well there was an issue that some markdown and new line of the 
cover letter was removed by GGG. How to move forward?

The original text before GGG was:

On repository with multiple submodules, one may need to run
a command based on submodule trait.

This changes add flags to `submodule--helper foreach` to fulfill this 
need by:

Adding the flag `--[no-]active` to filter submodule based on the active
state.
Adding the flag `--[no-]populated` to filter submodule based on the
fact that it is populated or not.
Adding the flag `-b|--branch <branch>` to filter submodule based on
the tracking branch.