Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation: add ReviewingGuidelines

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 11:08:17 -0400

On 9/13/2022 7:11 PM, Victoria Dye wrote:
> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> "Victoria Dye via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> From: Victoria Dye <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> Add a reviewing guidelines document including advice and common terminology
>>> used in Git mailing list reviews. The document is included in the
>>> 'TECH_DOCS' list in order to include it in Git's published documentation.
>>>
>>> Helped-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
>>> Helped-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
>>> Signed-off-by: Victoria Dye <[email-masked]>
>>> ---
>>
>> I've commented on the text but haven't seen anybody else reviewing.
>> No interest?  Everybody silently happy?
> 
> My guess is that there aren't as many eyes on this as there might typically
> be because of Git Merge.

Yes, Git Merge took all of my attention in the past week, so I couldn't
chime in at all here.

My "Helped-by" includes some small suggestions from me, but mostly I
fully support having this kind of document. This one is an excellent
base to start from for future augmentation as we discover ideas that
could avoid sticky situations.

I particularly like how this document assumes good intent from all
parties, but recommends over-communicating to be sure that intent is
clear to everyone.

Thanks,
-Stolee