Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/10] test-lib: have the "check" mode for SANITIZE=leak consider leak logs

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:47:16 -0400

On 7/19/2022 5:05 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

>  
> +The "check" mode is especially useful if combined with
> +GIT_TEST_SANITIZE_LEAK_LOG=true.
> +
>  GIT_TEST_SANITIZE_LEAK_LOG=true will log memory leaks to
>  "test-results/$TEST_NAME.leak/trace.*" files. Useful in combination
>  with "GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK" to check if we're falsely
>  reporting a test as "passing" with SANITIZE=leak due to ignored exit
>  codes.
>  
> +When GIT_TEST_SANITIZE_LEAK_LOG=true is set we'll look at the
> +"test-results/$TEST_NAME.leak/trace.*" files at the end of the test
> +run in combination with the "TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK" and
> +GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check setting to see if we'll fail a
> +test leaked, but which the test run itself didn't catch due to ignored
> +or missed exit codes.

Is this paragraph about when GIT_TEST_SANITIZE_LEAK_LOG=true _and_
GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check are set? Or, when ...LEAK_LOG=true
we set GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check at the end? If it's the
first, then I think the paragraph should lead with that.

This paragraph is also a single sentence. I lose myself in it
halfway through. Please break it up to add clarity.

Thanks,
-Stolee