Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFC Optionally handle symbolic links as copies

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:51:45 +0100 (CET)

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
> Am 12/5/2012 23:46, schrieb Robin Rosenberg:
> > - git status - when do we report a diff.
> > 	- After checkout we should probably not
> 
> Are you saying that it should be ignored that the index records a
> symbolic
> link, but the worktree contains a regular file and that the regular
> file
> does not even contain the value of the symbolic link (like it would
> in the
> core.symlinks=false case)?

Well we should have some notion of clean state. That could be handled
in more than one way. We could just ignore it, or compare the copy with
the content of the link target. The first is good enough for a proof-of
concept, but perhaps not as a solution since we don't have good other
means to check that the copy is stale.

-- robin