Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] status: improve rebase todo list parsing

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2026 15:14:09 +0100

On 22/04/2026 14:28, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2026 at 05:32:21PM -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 20, 2026 at 8:25 AM Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> +       /*
>>> +        * Avoid "default" and instead list all the other commands so
>>> +        * that -Wswitch warns if a new command is added without handling
>>> +        * it in this function.
>>> +        */
>>
>> Nice. :-)
> 
> Do we actually use -Wswitch anywhere? A quick grep in our code base
> didn't surface it, so I'm a bit sceptical that we would actually detect
> any missing cases via CI.

I've just double checked the gcc docs and it's included in -Wall (I'm 
pretty sure I tried deleting one of the case statements to check before 
I submitted the patch)

Thanks

Phillip