Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/1] t2000: modernize overall structure and path checks

From: Tian Yuchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2026 01:36:02 +0800

On 4/6/26 06:04, Karthik Nayak wrote:
> 
> Shouldn't all the tests above (since 'mkdir path2') be a single test
> block? First we setup the data, validate the data, the previous test
> runs 'git-checkout-index' and finally here we're verifying the endstate
> here. I think this should all fit into one test block.

That makes sense. I didn’t mention this earlier because I hadn’t noticed 
that the patch title had changed from 't2000: modernise path checks with 
test_path_is_* helpers' to 't2000: modernise overall structure'. If this 
is a overall refactor, then it would be worth revising this outdated 
test structure as well ;)

> Thanks,
> Karthik
>>   test_done
>> --
>> 2.43.0

Regards, Yuchen