Subject: [PATCH v2 6/9] doc: trailer: use angle brackets for <token> and <value>

From: "Linus Arver via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 21:19:32 +0000

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>

We already use angle brackets elsewhere, so this makes things more
consistent.

Signed-off-by: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt b/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt
index 495d5c9bcf1..576f5987b0d 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt
@@ -65,9 +65,9 @@ non-whitespace lines before a line that starts with '---' (followed by a
 space or the end of the line).
 
 When reading trailers, there can be no whitespace before or inside the
-token, but any number of regular space and tab characters are allowed
-between the token and the separator. There can be whitespaces before,
-inside or after the value. The value may be split over multiple lines
+<token>, but any number of regular space and tab characters are allowed
+between the <token> and the separator. There can be whitespaces before,
+inside or after the <value>. The <value> may be split over multiple lines
 with each subsequent line starting with at least one whitespace, like
 the "folding" in RFC 822.
 
@@ -240,7 +240,7 @@ trailer.<token>.command::
 	This option behaves in the same way as 'trailer.<token>.cmd', except
 	that it doesn't pass anything as argument to the specified command.
 	Instead the first occurrence of substring $ARG is replaced by the
-	value that would be passed as argument.
+	<value> that would be passed as argument.
 +
 The 'trailer.<token>.command' option has been deprecated in favor of
 'trailer.<token>.cmd' due to the fact that $ARG in the user's command is
-- 
gitgitgadget