Subject: Lost uncommitted changes and cogito

From: Jon Smirl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:23:00 -0400

Uning current updated cogito I have three trees:

linus
linux-good 
linux-merge

linux-merge had uncommitted changes

>>From linus I did cg update which pulled from linus.
>From linux-merge I did cg update which pulled from linus.

At this point the uncommitted changes in linux-merge were fine. 

Then I wasn't thinking and did cg update linux-good from linux-merge.
linux-merge was already update to date with linux-good since there
were no changes to linux-good pending. Doing that update created an
empty commit and also lost my uncommitted changes. Shouldn't that have
just done nothing?

>>From first update in linux-merge:
Applying changes...
drivers/char/drm/Kconfig: locally modified
drivers/char/drm/drm_drv.c: locally modified
drivers/char/drm/radeon_drv.c: locally modified
drivers/char/drm/radeon_drv.h: locally modified
drivers/video/aty/radeon_base.c: locally modified
Merging 35d1bc90546d1f0af198886ae8062a550142d926 ->
cf380ee7308db0f067ceb2ae8b852838788bf453
        to 4952d9aaa928e711b0cd40c6a6d48b73544b88f0...

Committed as 941cc5f620f6f4827885bc3f03519416bd9461ab.
[jonsmirl@jonsmirl linux-merge]$ make

>>From second - local changes are gone.
Applying changes...
Merging cf380ee7308db0f067ceb2ae8b852838788bf453 ->
a7db5e4f33e72569936af357084e31305fab6618
        to 941cc5f620f6f4827885bc3f03519416bd9461ab...

Committed as b0165eea961c7f2809a0aaabae7904a3a766ee05.
[jonsmirl@jonsmirl linux-merge]$ make

-- 
Jon Smirl
[email-masked]