Subject: Re: Choosing a mergetool according to file type

From: Gregory Jefferis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:04:54 +0100

Hi Johannes,

On 2009-06-26 11:43, "Johannes Sixt" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don't think that you can choose the merge tool by setting attributes.

OK, that was my impression, but I wanted to check.

 > The reason I write to you is: Can you tell me what 'wordgitmerge' and
> 'wordgitdiff' are?
> 
> I, too, have a number of Word files that I need to merge every now and then.

Ah!  Well they are nothing fancy, I'm afraid, just scripts that call Word
itself, but that turns out to work pretty well.  For Mac (my platform) they
have to be in applescript.  For Windows I imagine they could be pretty much
the same as the scripts here:

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/trunk/contrib/diff-scripts/

diff-doc.js
merge-doc.js

Perhaps tortoisegit already exposes this.  Those scripts include fallbacks
for openoffice so I suppose one could use that on linux.

Best,

Greg.