Subject: Re: How to delete large files

From: Nils Homer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:20:58 -0700

Thank-you for all of your insightful help. Combining all the advice, the
commands that worked are:

git filter-branch --index-filter "git rm -rf --cached --ignore-unmatch
$files" --tag-name-filter cat -- --all

git -rf .git/refs/original

git reflog expire --expire=now

git gc --prune=now

I then cloned the repository to a different location and replaced my
centralized version with the cloned copy.

Thanks,

Nils

On 10/2/09 6:41 AM, "Johannes Sixt" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mikael Magnusson schrieb:
>> Well, you just gave "HEAD" to git filter-branch to rewrite, i think
>> you want --all to rewrite all refs you have.
> 
> ... and '--tag-filter cat' to rewrite tags as well.
> 
> -- Hannes