Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/5] builtin/repo: collect largest inflated objects

From: Lucas Seiki Oshiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2026 20:36:26 -0300

> struct repo_structure {
> @@ -371,6 +385,21 @@ static void stats_table_setup_structure(struct stats_table *table,
>      "    * %s", _("Blobs"));
> stats_table_size_addf(table, objects->disk_sizes.tags,
>      "    * %s", _("Tags"));
> +
> + stats_table_addf(table, "");
> + stats_table_addf(table, "* %s", _("Largest objects"));
> + stats_table_addf(table, "  * %s", _("Commits"));
> + stats_table_size_addf(table, objects->largest.commit_size.value,
> +      "    * %s", _("Maximum size"));

I don't know if it's the best place to comment this, but it would be
nice if we could find the commit that introduced the largest change,
in terms of size or number of lines.

This would be useful for people who are asking "what's the largest
commmit?" thinking about the introduced changes (like what we see in
GitLab's interface) instead of the size of the commit object, which
generally is proportional to the message size + the number of
parents.