Subject: [PATCH 0/3] doc: replace mentions of deprecated git config --list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2026 22:48:07 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

Topic name: kh/doc-config-no-deprecated-list-opt

Topic summary: Replace uses of deprecated `git config --list` with its
replacement `git config list` from topic ps/config-subcommands.

I found `git config -l` in git-var(1) and searched for other occurrences.
I have not considered the other deprecated options.

[1/3] doc: var: link -l to git config list
[2/3] doc: gitcvs-migration: replace config -l and rephrase
[3/3] doc: replace the rest of git config --list with `list`

 Documentation/git-var.adoc              | 5 +++--
 Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc     | 3 +--
 Documentation/gitprotocol-v2.adoc       | 2 +-
 Documentation/gittutorial.adoc          | 2 +-
 Documentation/technical/api-trace2.adoc | 2 +-
 Documentation/user-manual.adoc          | 2 +-
 6 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

base-commit: 67ad42147a7acc2af6074753ebd03d904476118f
-- 
2.53.0.32.gf6228eaf9cc