Subject: [PATCH 0/2] doc: interpret-trailers: explain key format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2026 23:11:31 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

Topic name: doc-int-tr-2-key-format

Topic summary: Explain the format of trailer keys (alphanum and
hyphens). This is important to keep in mind so that metadata is not lost to
simple syntax errors.

To facilitate this there is a first commit/patch to reorient the
introduction towards discussing “key-value pairs”, since that makes it
easier to follow up with an explanation of the *key* format.

§ Cc

Linus Arver as the author of the example that this change touches.

[1/2] doc: interpret-trailers: stop fixating on RFC 822
[2/2] doc: interpret-trailers: explain key format

 Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc | 14 +++++++-------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5361983c075154725be47b65cca9a2421789e410
-- 
2.53.0.32.gf6228eaf9cc