Subject: [PATCH 0/2] format-patch: make boolean and mention in diff-options.adoc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2026 21:26:16 +0100

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

See: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Topic name: kh/format-noprefix-boolean

Topic summary: The config `format.noprefix` should act like a
boolean. But now it is active no matter what the value is. Change it to
act like a boolean like `diff.noprefix`. Also mention it instead of
`diff.noprefix` in git-format-patch(1) doc.

This is a breaking change. But I have opted to die if the config is not
a boolean and just hint about the change. See also Peff’s comment on
such a breaking change in that link.

I have also asked here about marking breaking changes:

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#ma8856238748d0794a0da6c64e1c0c8a4824b996f

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (2):
  format-patch: make format.noprefix a boolean
  doc: diff-options.adoc: show format.noprefix for format-patch

 Documentation/diff-options.adoc |  4 +++-
 builtin/log.c                   | 13 ++++++++++++-
 t/t4014-format-patch.sh         | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 67ad42147a7acc2af6074753ebd03d904476118f
-- 
2.53.0.26.g2afa8602a26