Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] pretty: add X-Change-ID to mail formats

From: "Remo Senekowitsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 19:45:34 +0200

On Thu Jul 3, 2025 at 1:29 PM CEST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Introduce the X-Change-ID header to emails prepared by git (i.e. via
> format-patch, send-email). This allows tools which work with those
> emails (e.g. patchwork, sourcehut) to meaningfully integrate with tools
> that assign change IDs to commits.
>
> With some follow-up work, this is also the first step towards ensuring
> that those change IDs are preserved through from git-send-email to
> git-am as a change moves through its review lifecycle.

Hi Drew,

Do you intend to keep working on this by any chance? I'm writing a code
review tool that relies on Jujutsu's change-id header for its "killer
feature". It will also support different code review platforms as
backends, including GitHub, mailing lists and more. As long as mailing
lists do not preserve the change-id header though, users of them will
fundamentally have a degraded experience.

That is to say, your efforts here are much appreciated. :-)

Best,
Remo