Subject: Re: Git tree for old kernels from before the current tree

From: Oleg Verych <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:19:55 +0200

* Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>> 
>> I started this once.
>> 
>> I have (sort of) a GIT tree with all Linux revisions that I could find 
>> from v0.01 up to v1.0.9.  But the most interesting information and also 
>> what is the most time consuming is the retrieval of announcement 
>> messages for those releases in old mailing list or newsgroup archives to 
>> serve as commit log data.  It seems to be even arder to find for post 
>> v1.0 releases.
>
> Yes, I agree. Google finds some of them, but (a) I was never very good 
> about announcements anyway and (b) there's nothing really good to search 
> for, so it's very hit-and-miss.
>
> Some of the really early release notes are easy to find, just because I 
> made them available with the sources, but mostly I'd just have posten to 
> the newsgroup/mailing lists.

Maybe this can be useful somehow: ftp://ftp.shout.net/pub/users/mec/kcs
____