Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] ci: add a job for PCRE2

From: Hamza Mahfooz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:26:51 -0500

On Thu, Nov 18 2021 at 11:32:50 AM +0100, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason 
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
> Thanks a lot for following-up on this. Do you have a link to a sample
> run of this to see how it looks?

https://github.com/effective-light/git/actions/runs/1492352516
(it looks like the disable unicode case isn't worth considering, since 
it never runs through the tests successfully).

> But on closer inspection I should have said
> --{enable,disable}-unicode. Eyeballing the configure.ac in pcre2.git 
> now
> and checking if/how it passes our tests I think it might be a noop
> unless --enable-ebcdic is also in play, which we don't need to test.

Looks like ebcdic and unicode can't be enabled at the same time.

> Any reason for picking those specific versions? I think we do need to
> test on older than 10.31 (released in early 2018).

I chose them primarily because they were brought up on the other thread.