Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] doc: gitcvs-migration: rephrase “man page”

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2026 12:32:00 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

Let’s change the phrasing around the `linkgit` while we’re visiting this
file (see previous commit[1]).

We use the section syntax to refer to man pages, so writing “man page”
next to it is a bit redundant. We can be more concise and just lean on
the preposition “in”.

And in order to avoid this double “git”:

    see `git config list` in git-config(1) ...

We can rephrase to the subcommand, which is a typical pattern (config or
option followed by “in git-command(1)”).

† 1: Which also discusses why we do not change a similar phrasing
     in gittutorial(7)

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
---

Notes (series):
    v2:
    • Just the “man page” change, which now comes after the --list/-l change
    • Restructure commit message paragraph so that it leads with “section
      syntax” and has a simpler structure.
    • Footnote to remind what was discussed on the previous commit
    v1: (combined --list/-l change and “man page” change)

 Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc b/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
index 2883834b714..905d08cd5f9 100644
--- a/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
@@ -49,8 +49,7 @@ them first before running git pull.
 ================================
 The 'pull' command knows where to get updates from because of certain
 configuration variables that were set by the first 'git clone'
-command; see `git config list` and the linkgit:git-config[1] man
-page for details.
+command; see the subcommand `list` in linkgit:git-config[1] for details.
 ================================
 
 You can update the shared repository with your changes by first committing
-- 
2.53.0.32.gf6228eaf9cc