Subject: [PATCH v2 3/9] doc: interpret-trailers: use “metadata” in Name as well

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 12:21:02 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

We now since the previous commit introduce the format as “trailers
metadata”. We can replace “structured information” with “metadata”
in the “Name” section to be consistent.

While “structured information” does emphasize that the data is not
loosely structured, we also say that this command adds to or parses
this format. I don’t think that we need to emphasize that it is
structured since clearly there is some structure there.

Both “metadata” and “structured information” can convey the same
information. But “metadata” is shorter and easier to deploy since
it’s just one word.

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
---

Notes (series):
    v2: [new]

 Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc b/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc
index 3f60fd9b720..4e92c8299bb 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.adoc
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ git-interpret-trailers(1)
 
 NAME
 ----
-git-interpret-trailers - Add or parse structured information in commit messages
+git-interpret-trailers - Add or parse metadata in commit messages
 
 SYNOPSIS
 --------
-- 
2.53.0.32.gf6228eaf9cc