Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/17] use config-based hooks (config-based hooks part II)

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 11:59:07 -0800

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 04:04:18PM -0800, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> 
> Another thing I wanted to do in this series but ended up not having time
> for before the holidays was to figure out a way to consolidate
> Documentation/githooks.txt and Documentation/git-hook.txt. My personal
> preference would be to remove githooks.txt's contents, move the "Hooks"
> header from there into git-hook.txt, and have 'git help githooks'/'git
> help hooks' redirect to git-hook.txt; I don't have a patch to share here
> because I ran out of time before vacation :) What do others envision the
> documentation looking like?

I could use some tips on this, actually. I don't see anywhere that we
make one document redirect to another, or else I don't know what to look
for. If I replace the contents of `githooks.txt` with
`include::git-hook.txt[]`, `generate-cmdlist.sh` chokes because there is
no name to grep for in `githooks.txt`. Is there a documented example of
a manpage redirecting to a different manpage?

 - Emily