Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] CoC: update to version 2.0 + local changes

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 19:17:18 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> Update the CoC added in 5cdf2301 (add a Code of Conduct document,
> 2019-09-24 from version 1.4 to version 2.0. This is the version found
> at [1] with the following minor changes:
>
>  - We preserve the change to the CoC in 3f9ef874a73 (CODE_OF_CONDUCT:
>    mention individual project-leader emails, 2019-09-26)
>
>  - We preserve the custom into added in 5cdf2301d4a (add a Code of

nit: s/into/intro/

>    Conduct document, 2019-09-24)
>
> This change intentionally preserves a warning emitted on "git diff
> --check". It's better to make it easily diff-able with upstream than
> to fix whitespace changes in our version while we're at it.
>
> 1. https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct/code_of_conduct.md

Missing sign-off.

> ---
>  CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md | 153 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
>  1 file changed, 104 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)

In https://code.googlesource.com/git/summit/2020/+/main/index.md, we
found this version of the contributor covenant helpful because it
provides a vocabulary for describing different ways to respond to
issues.  I think it's helpful for readers to have an understanding of
the range of ways the project leadership team might respond.

Acked-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>