Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/4] t1400: avoid touching refs on filesystem

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 07:48:36 +0100

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 03:40:31PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 09:12:31AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> 
> > The testcase t1400 exercises the git-update-ref(1) utility. To do so,
> > many tests directly read and write references via the filesystem,
> > assuming that we always use loose and/or packed references. While this
> > is true now, it'll change with the introduction of the reftable backend.
> > 
> > Convert those tests to use git-update-ref(1) and git-show-ref(1) where
> > possible. Furthermore, two tests are converted to not delete HEAD
> > anymore, as this results in a broken repository. They've instead been
> > updated to create a non-mandatory symybolic reference and delete that
> > one instead.
> 
> s/symybolic/symbolic/
> 
> Other than, this whole series looks good to me. Thanks for taking the
> time to do the extra cleanup (which ended up being way more complicated
> than the original goal :) ).

Thanks!

Junio, shall I fix this typo with another version or will you fix this
up locally?

Patrick