Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/6] config: add new way to pass config via `--config-env`

From: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 15:54:03 +0100

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 09:21:38AM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 02:24:33PM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> 
> > Do you want me to adopt your patches as part of this series?
> 
> Yeah, if you're willing to. I don't mind spinning it off into its own
> series if you don't want to (the tricky part is that we're touching a
> couple of the same spots, though, so if you're willing to pick them up,
> I think that makes coordination easier).
> 
> -Peff

I can do so. The only question that I have is whether I should rebase it
on top of 6/6 or on top of 2/6. It's hard for me to gauge whether 6/6 is
going to make it in or not due to the conflicting opinions on it. It
currently seems to me like we tend towards a "no", which is also what
the "What's cooking" report said. But there were also some opinions in
favor of it, which made me wonder. If this is a definitive "no", then
I'm happy to stop bothering with them to make the patch series easier to
manage.

Patrick