Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] abspath.h file is generated by makeheaders tool

From: Đoàn Trần Công Danh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 07:34:35 +0700

On 2022-10-16 09:51:56-0700, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Đoàn Trần Công Danh  <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > This will break cross-compilation.
> > At the very least, we needs to use either HOSTCC (likes linux project),
> > HOST_CC or CC_FOR_BUILD (GNU Autotools' convention) to compile
> > makeheaders
> >
> > So, something like (not tested, whatsoever):
> 
> I find it a bit irresponsible to leave the suggestion sounding as if
> this is a good idea as long as it does not break cross-compilation,
> which will (mis)lead the original poster to waste even more time on
> this topic (and waste others' time on responding to it), so let me
> repeat what I already said a few times.

I'm sorry.

I thought my earlier voice to not support this proposal was't
necessary to be re-iterated.  I only think that if this proposal
somehow got accepted (despite I don't like this proposal), something
needs to be fixed.

I will be explicit next time.

Thanks.

-- 
Danh