Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] rebase: stop setting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 17:49:03 -0400

On Fri, Nov 04, 2022 at 03:19:00PM +0000, Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget wrote:
> This is a follow up to pw/rebase-reflog-fixes that moves away from using
> GIT_REFLOG_ACTION internally. This conflicts with patches 12 & 14 in [1]. As
> this series replaces the code being changed in those patches I think the
> best solution would be to just drop them.

Thanks, I appreciate the updated round.

The conflict you noted in [1] is a perfect example of why I dislike
queuing sweeping leak cleanups like in that series. Those two patches
need to get dropped in order to queue this series. OK, except what
happens if a different part of [1] marks a test as leak-free when that
is no longer the case because of something in this series?

I haven't queued this topic yet, so perhaps all of this is moot with
respect to these particular two series. But in general, such a problem
is not hard to imagine.

It is greatly appreciated to err on the side of smaller, more targeted
series instead of sweeping changes when they can be avoided.

Thanks,
Taylor