Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 0/7] receive-pack: only use visible refs for connectivity check

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:26:25 -0500

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 05:18:23PM -0500, Taylor Blau wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 07:49:49AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> > Patrick Steinhardt (7):
> >   refs: fix memory leak when parsing hideRefs config
> >   refs: get rid of global list of hidden refs
> >   revision: move together exclusion-related functions
> >   revision: introduce struct to handle exclusions
> >   revision: add new parameter to exclude hidden refs
> >   rev-parse: add `--exclude-hidden=` option
> >   receive-pack: only use visible refs for connectivity check
> 
> The new version is looking pretty good to my eyes, though I would like
> to hear from Peff, too, since he caught a few things that I missed in
> the previous rounds.

This looks good to me, too. There's a typo (s/seciton/section/) in the
commit message of patch 6, but definitely not worth a re-roll. :)

I admit I didn't think _too_ deeply about the interaction with
namespaces, and whether there are any corner cases. I was happy to see
the tests there, and I assume in writing them that Patrick matched how
receive-pack, etc, behave.

-Peff