Subject: t5559-http-fetch-smart-http2 failures

From: Todd Zullinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:09:34 -0500

Hi,

I started seeing failures in rc0 but I was distracted by the
long weekend.

The changes in 73c49a4474 (t: run t5551 tests with both HTTP
and HTTP/2, 2022-11-11) seem to rather frequently trigger
test failures on Fedora.

The most frequent test to fail is "large fetch-pack requests
can be sent using chunked encoding" (t5559.30), but earlier
tests have also failed on occasion.  For the common failure,
the test exits with:

    expecting success of 5559.30 'large fetch-pack requests can be sent using chunked encoding': 
	    GIT_TRACE_CURL=true git -c http.postbuffer=65536 \
		    clone --bare "$HTTPD_URL/smart/repo.git" split.git 2>err &&
	    {
		    test_have_prereq HTTP2 ||
		    grep "^=> Send header: Transfer-Encoding: chunked" err
	    }
    +++ GIT_TRACE_CURL=true
    +++ git -c http.postbuffer=65536 clone --bare http://127.0.0.1:5559/smart/repo.git split.git
    error: last command exited with $?=128
    not ok 30 - large fetch-pack requests can be sent using chunked encoding

(Less frequently, I've seen the last command exit 141.)

I haven't been able to track down the problem, which happens
a lot on the Fedora build system but less often during local
builds.  Obviously, the bug is too shy to show itself while
anyone is watching. ;)

I can easily disable the failing tests for a bit, but does
anyone have an idea what might be the cause or how to better
debug it when it occurs on a buildsystem without direct
access?

Thanks,

-- 
Todd