Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/1] builtin/pack-objects.c: avoid iterating all refs

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:52:34 -0500

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:46:29PM +0100, Jacob Vosmaer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 8:45 PM Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > I also rage-replaced peel_ref() with a function taking an oid so we
> > never have to do that digging again. Posted separately in its own
> > thread.
>
> That sounds like a good solution. Where does that leave my patch? Do I
> need to wait for that new commit somehow? I don't know how that works,
> "contributing to Git" wise.

Peff noted in the patch to nuke "peel_ref()" that merging his and then
yours will cause a merge conflict, but it is trivial to resolve. So, I'd
expect that Junio will pick up both and resolve the merge conflict when
queuing.

Or, in other words, I don't think there's anything left on your part
;-). Thanks for providing your patches; there was a nice digression and
I'm quite happy with where we ended up.

Thanks,
Taylor