Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] rev-list --disk-usage example docs

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:44:13 -0500

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 06:31:07PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> It's already big and scary enough that I prefer starting an EXAMPLES
> section. :)

The patches you sent below are great. I think that it's easy to nitpick
and say "oh, you should have added this or that example, too", but I
think you gave a great set of starting examples.

I'd be happy to see this merged so that others can add more examples on
top.

> By the way, there's one other finishing touch we might consider:
> enabling --use-bitmap-index automatically when bitmaps are present, for
> requests that produce the identical answer (so _not_ a regular
> traversal, because the output order and presence of pathnames are
> different there). I'd prefer to do that as a separate series, though,
> since there are multiple arguments that might benefit (like --count).

This would be really neat. I look forward to it.

Thanks,
Taylor